Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

How to remove front axles- replace seals at diff housing 2003 Denali

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by althewelder, Aug 7, 2010.

1. althewelder

althewelder New Member

2003 Denali front diff seals

I am trying to replace the R/H seal inboard of the inner CV joint. I removed the bolts holding the aluminum axle housing to the diff. it moved a 1/4 inch and stopped. I then removed the bolts from the diff housing same scenario. can't get it apart. Any help is appreciated.

Al

2. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Take your wheel off, then in the center of your wheel bearing there is a dust cap, find a thin screw driver and pry around it, and pop it off, making sure not to damage the dust cap, because it needs to be a tight seal to keep the dust out duh lol. There is a CV axle nut on it. It's a rather large diameter, unbolt it, and your CV axle will slip right out! Hope this helps.

3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club. Its alot to explain here how to replace the axle SEAL. Buy a Hayne's manual ( about $25.00 at AutoZone) and it shows and explains how to do it.