1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How to Remove Seat Belt Retractor Cover

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by xtelevisionset, Mar 29, 2011.

1. xtelevisionset

xtelevisionset New Member

Hello, I have a 1995 1500 Silverado with a driver seat belt that doesn't retract.

I have a feeling I can fix this myself, but I don't want to break any trim to do it. I cannot remove the retractor cover and have been searching the internet everywhere.

Does anybody here know how to do this?

I'll include pictures if needed, but don't have any at the moment.

Thank you!
  2. xtelevisionset

3. KidHauler

KidHauler New Member

I was going to put my 2 cents in and got sidetracked. I have a Burb, but I'm sure they are all the same for the era.

I AM NOT A TECHNICIAN, AND YOU PROCEDE AT YOUR OWN RISK
    Remove the plastic cap with the cross in it, it's threaded if I recall. Below that is a torx bolt, T47 maybe? Undo the bolt and remove the seatbelt. Work from the inside to remove the two plastic rivets, and the case folds over. Watch for springs and cogs and pinchy things. If it won't retract, you might find crud in there, but chances are that it's worn out, and you may have to hit the salvage yards for a replacement.

Good luck,
  4. xtelevisionset

Thanks much for the help. Now to find a friend with torx bits. Hahaha.