1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How to remove wax

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Bobby1021, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Bobby1021

Bobby1021 New Member

i waxed my truck a month ago and i got wax on my door handles. what is the best way to remove this
  2. tnhusker

tnhusker Rockstar

Turtle wax Ice works great for that. It will clean the white wax from any black surface plus it adds a layer of protection. Also if a little gets on the paint just buff it since it is for that anyway.
  3. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Sponge with soap and water. Use Dawn dish detergent for the soap.
  4. aboston

aboston Member

I have never tried it personally, but I have been told that you can use ATF for that. A guy at a dealershop told me that. The down side is that you need to remove the plastic so it would definately be more of a pain especially if there is something on the market that will remove it.

Has anyone else heard this? I never thought of ATF as a cleaning agent, but thought I would bring it up to see if I am the only one who has heard this.:neutral:
  5. Bobby1021

Bobby1021 New Member

does not work tried many times. wbu mothers black to black. ive herd good and bad thing about this product
  6. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

WD 40 and a scrubing brush !!!!!! real easy and looks perfect.:great:
  7. JennaBear

JennaBear Rockstar 100 Posts

I have used peanut butter (creamy) and distilled white vinegar, both work.
  8. 1flyfisher

1flyfisher Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

Get Klass All In One wax to get out white areas on black trim from crappy waxes.

KAIO is one of the best waxes available. $20 a 16 oz bottle which will last 4-5 years with 3-4 waxes a year. The product is the longest lasting wax on the market and protects 6+ months especially when combined with Klasse Sealant Glaze. It is great on any and all materials from paint of course to black plastic which it will have shining beautifully and protect the material.

You can find info here, this is a great website
    http://www.autopia.org/reviews/censura.php?csid=inmdnnmrmoqakt8rs56an9lpi6&cmd=details&itemid=33
  9. Mr Dragon

Mr Dragon Rockstar

Sorry , I dont have that problem, but I only use Meguiers products.
  10. 97chevz71

97chevz71 Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

All you need is some all purpose cleaner i perfer adams apc and a small brush spary it on and brush it and you should be good to go. If you get on paint make sure to wash it off and not let it set on the paint for long.