How to reset ECM on 2007 Silverado

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by oldsman350, Dec 4, 2010.

1. oldsman350

oldsman350 New Member

My Silverado has been having some problems " with engine reduced power" from what I've read about this problem the Throttle Body is dirty and tripping the sensor. I've cleaned it out throughly now all I need to do is reset the computer to rid the code. What are the steps to doing this? Just out of curiosity how much is a new throttle body assembly out right? My truck is the new body style with a 4.8L

2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

to clear the code it would be best to get a code reader (comes in handy trust me) and clear it that way (you can take it to your local parts store to do this as well for free)

1 person likes this.
  3. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

If you have corrected the problem the PCM will see the problem is fixed and reset itself.

4. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Unless you have a VERY crabby 2000 S-10 blazer HAHA> i actually didnt know that they would do that since none of the trucks that i have owned have done it even with the problem corrected.. However i have alwasy had older vehicles.

5. skp_sr

skp_sr New Member

So is there no way to reset the ECM. I remember there used to be a way on my 01 Silverado. I have an 07 now and also looking to reset it.

have the reduced power issue and just replaced the whole throttle body. still having issues.

6. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

What are the codes that your getting on the PCM?

7. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

on my 05 I just disconnect the battery for at least an hour and the code is gone.

8. skp_sr

skp_sr New Member

haven't had any codes read with anything yet. i just remembered that there used to be a way to basically reset everything.

still having issues anyway so clearing codes now is pointless.

thanks