1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How to reset ECM on 2007 Silverado

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by oldsman350, Dec 4, 2010.

1. oldsman350

oldsman350 New Member

My Silverado has been having some problems " with engine reduced power" from what I've read about this problem the Throttle Body is dirty and tripping the sensor. I've cleaned it out throughly now all I need to do is reset the computer to rid the code. What are the steps to doing this? Just out of curiosity how much is a new throttle body assembly out right? My truck is the new body style with a 4.8L
  2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

to clear the code it would be best to get a code reader (comes in handy trust me) and clear it that way (you can take it to your local parts store to do this as well for free)
    1 person likes this.
  3. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

If you have corrected the problem the PCM will see the problem is fixed and reset itself.
  4. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Unless you have a VERY crabby 2000 S-10 blazer HAHA> i actually didnt know that they would do that since none of the trucks that i have owned have done it even with the problem corrected.. However i have alwasy had older vehicles.
  5. skp_sr

skp_sr New Member

So is there no way to reset the ECM. I remember there used to be a way on my 01 Silverado. I have an 07 now and also looking to reset it.

have the reduced power issue and just replaced the whole throttle body. still having issues.
  6. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

What are the codes that your getting on the PCM?
  7. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

on my 05 I just disconnect the battery for at least an hour and the code is gone.
  8. skp_sr

skp_sr New Member

haven't had any codes read with anything yet. i just remembered that there used to be a way to basically reset everything.

still having issues anyway so clearing codes now is pointless.

thanks