How to route CB cable out of cab?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by smallblockfuelie, Aug 25, 2009.

1. smallblockfuelie

smallblockfuelie New Member

My CB cable which is currently running out under the door gasket on my extended 2003 Sierra isn't cutting it. I am limited by cable length and can not run it out through the firewall. Is there any other easy way to get my antenna to the back of my cab with out cutting a hole?

Thanks

2. Triton911BJ

Triton911BJ Member

have u looked under your floor carpet, driver side. there should be a grommet in the floor where the parking brake wire goes through the cab. i have most of my power/other wires run throught there. at least thats how it is in my 05 silverado

3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Yep that drain plug in the driver's side floor is where I ran all of my off-road wiring also, no cutting and it's about 3" in diameter.

4. shurshot

shurshot Rockstar 100 Posts

Did my 04 CB cable the same way....:great:

5. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

yup the drain plug is where i ran mine

6. Tdaz250

Tdaz250 Rockstar 100 Posts

Good thing someone asked this, i just bought wire TODAY and was wondering how to route it, haha

7. smallblockfuelie

smallblockfuelie New Member

Thank you. I decided to roll under the truck last night and look to see what I could find. I discovered the e-brake cable and ran my CB cable through with it. The sealant I put over the cbales is dry now and should serve me well. Thanks!

Now my next project is to look for some captains chairs!