1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How to shop for an intake

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by JennaBear, Jun 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. werty

werty New Member 100 Posts

ok
    whaat the best for the 91 k5 with tbi?
    please??
    350ci
  2. JennaBear

JennaBear New Member 100 Posts

We didn't test them on the OBS :neutral:, not sure what is on the market for you.
  3. masterfoxscout

masterfoxscout New Member 100 Posts

Jenna what about the NBS and NNBS trucks?
  4. Crakums_GT

Crakums_GT New Member 100 Posts

Hey Jenna Bear. I believe I've seen you on another club I've paroused through before...gm-trucks.com maybe. Glad to see you finally got over to the GMTC. Welcome. Good informational post, I'm actually currently in the market for a cold air intake.

-Greg
  5. JennaBear

I personally like the AEM Brute Force and the K&N 77 Series, they had great results on the dyno.

Good to see you over here too :great:. Hopefully my write up helped you out a bit :rules:, not trying to promote any specific brand, just want to help folks be a bit more educated rather than just going off of what manufacturers claim.
  6. JennaBear

Here are the results of our intake test-

From top to bottom on the horsepower curve on the graph is:
    AEM no filter
    KNN
    AEM
    Stock with KNN drop in filter
    Outlaw
    GMPP
    Stock with Fram airhog

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
  7. cascott325

cascott325 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

i have a k&n on mine, and it has been there since i bought the truck, i was thinking about switching to a volant intake, about 2/3 of my daily drive to work is highway, but i do a lot of intown driving. i also like to play a lot. do you think this would be a good switch? i know you said its mostly personal preference, but i have heard more good about volant than i have k&n
  8. vms4evr

vms4evr New Member 100 Posts

Thanks for posting those dyno numbers. I think I'll stick with the stock air box and K&N filter. Maybe do the stock air box mod and add a smooth coupler.

Would you have some dyno numbers of the gains with air box and long tube headers? Before and after tuning also? (maybe you could post in a separate thread).
  9. JennaBear

Here is an 05 Sierra with LTs, but not a stock air box:

[​IMG]
  10. R Runner

R Runner New Member

Great informaton! Thank you for the hard work.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.