1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How to stop a massacre - armed citizen shoots back

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Jul 26, 2012.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  2. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts

Guys, don't take this the wrong way....but, being a Canadian, all I can say is: "only in America"

As an observer, I've gotta wonder where did all the lead go?
  3. ChevyFan

into the robbers bodies? They forfeited their right to life when they went into that cafe with weapons out.
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts

I read the news report on this several days ago. The firearm used for defensive purposes was a .380 ACP caliber weapon and the lead did, indeed, go into the robbers. Both lived, too; the police picked them up in the hospital in which they had sought treatment.

RayVoy
    As for your 'only in America' comment, you're right. Only in America do we have a right within our Bill of Rights that allows us to stand up and be hereos rather than being forced into being victims. After all, the police can't protect you right then and there; when seconds count they are minutes (or tens of minutes) away. All they can do is avenge you (if you're dead) or go after someone who victimized you (if you lived); neither actually protects you at a time when you need it. By comparison, Canada forces its citizens to be victims since it doesn't empower them to meet force with force to defend themselves (or others) from criminals. That's quite sad. I firmly believe that a population that is not empowered to protect itself by meeting force with force ... is a population of subjects ... not citizens. (If my history serves me correctly, in Greece -- where the term 'citizen' originates -- citizens were required to have swords and shields and also required to participate in the army to defend the city state if they were to have the right to vote.)

Consider also that criminals WILL find a way to get weapons, even if they are illegal to possess -- as a criminal cares nothing for the law. Thus, it makes no sense to deny sane, drug-free, law abiding citizens who have no history of domestic violence the ability to meet threats of imminent death or great bodily harm with lethal force ... when the criminal element that cares nothing for the law, might well be doped up, and quite probably has a violent history ... and will most likely have weapons.
  5. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Active Member 1000 Posts

good for that grandpa. could maybe work on his shot placement tho...

Alex
  6. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member 1000 Posts

He got his point across just fine. but two to the chest And one to the head would suit those guys nicely
  7. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Active Member 1000 Posts

If I was 21 (comin up) I'd apply for a concealed carry permit in Louisiana. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Did you know that a country in Europe (I forgot which one) issues rifles to all male citizens between certain ages and trains them how to use it? Last time I checked, what was the crime rates in that country vs. America, America more than doubled almost TRIPLED the crime rate.
  8. ChevyFan

That's where practice pays off to make it more of a muscle memory exercise instead of having to think about it. Anyone that's been in a crisis situation knows that you don't have time to think, you just have enough time to react and fight through the adrenaline pumping through your veins.
  9. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member 1000 Posts

Kennesaw,ga actually passed a law that requires every house to have a gun in it. They say since 82 it has lowered the crime rate.
    I wish we had that hear in Tuscaloosa we just had a methouted dude running the streets with a AR shot 17. Luckily no one was killed. The police around here are bout sick of the shooting since the tornado. Luckly I can legally conceal now and I do when it's appropriate.
  10. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts

I'm not against guns, or citizens owning guns, I have a dozen myself. What I am against, is untrained citizens carrying these guns.

The only question that is fair to ask, would a trained police officer have unload his weapon in a manner that endangered innocent bystanders.?