how to submit a poll?

Discussion in 'POLLing place' started by heftylefty58, Nov 25, 2007.

?

How Often Do You Check your Motor Oil and/or Other Fluids

Poll closed Feb 22, 2013.
  1. Everyday

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Once a Week

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Once a Month

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. heftylefty58

heftylefty58 New Member

Sorry for my ignorance, but I can't find the option for submitting a poll. Can anyone please help me out?
  2. Davandy

Davandy Moderator

On top of this or any thread you find a menu "Thread tools" if you click on it you get a sub menu with the menu item "add poll to this thread"
    click on it. For the rest you can figure it out :great:

and Welcome to the site:sign0016:
  3. heftylefty58

heftylefty58 New Member

Hmmm--I don't have that option. I only have these 3:
    1) show printable version
    2) email this thread
    3) subscribe/unsubscribe

Maybe I need to have a minimum number of postings?
  4. heftylefty58

heftylefty58 New Member

still not visible after 5 posts...
  5. TahoeFever

TahoeFever New Member

it's not an option for me also :lol:
  6. heftylefty58

heftylefty58 New Member

maybe we just need to get to 200 posts? :eyes:
  7. TahoeFever

TahoeFever New Member

very good question :lol:
  8. Davandy

Davandy Moderator

I could be wrong :neutral: but maybe this is a moderator option.
  9. heftylefty58

heftylefty58 New Member

I bet you're right. If so, that's a shame. :neutral:
  10. heftylefty58

heftylefty58 New Member

I stand corrected--slyman1369 submitted a poll with his first post roughly 9 months ago. However, since then, it looks like the only people to put up polls have been TrailLeadr and Steve (ie, Platinum Contributers).

It looks like others tried to post polls in this "POLLing place" but ended up just posting a thread. I wouldn't be surprised if they just gave up because they also didn't have the option.

Any idea who can look into this? Or, is this just the way things are gonna be with this forum?
  11. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr New Member

I'll look into this, but you should have the option of creating polls right from the get go.

What Peter was describing is a Moderator tool.

When you create a thread, under the text box you see the typical "submit reply", and "Preview Post" buttons. if you scroll down more, you should see another section labeled "additional options" In that section you would select the option for a poll.

You do not create the thread, then go back and create the poll. It is a two step process, but it is done as one step.

These options would only be available on the initial post of a new thread, so you would not see them available in this thread.

Hope this helps.
  12. heftylefty58

heftylefty58 New Member

Ah, ok. So your setup is the same as other forums. Thanks for looking into this. FYI, I've uploaded a screenshot of what I see.

Thanks again!

Attached Files:

13. TomsHHR

TomsHHR New Member

look at the contributer levels to be able to make polls.

They are on the Home menu
  14. heftylefty58

heftylefty58 New Member

Thanks Tom--I would never have found it myself.

In case anyone else was wondering, here's what you have to pay in order to post a poll: $19.99/yr

Silver Contributor
    - 4 MB attachment space - 90 stored PMs - 10 signature Images - Group PM to 6 users - Full access to create polls - Larger Avatar, profile picture and signature picture
  15. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member

We used to get all sorts of polls created that were taking away the value of doing polls, so we removed that function to only give it to moderators and site contributors.

We're right in the middle of planning for the next version of the GM Truck Club website so this is on the table and I guess we can concider opening it up again for everyone. We've got other things planned too from better photo albums, user garages, easier time to reply to messages, better focus on blogs and a front page for articles. Lots of bonuses coming out.
  16. heftylefty58

heftylefty58 New Member

Wow. Better late than never, I guess.
  17. randomsandwhich

randomsandwhich New Member

Is this option still only available to the top dogs or is now open to the general public? Would like to make a poll but doesn't seem I can't .. Someone enlighten me please.
  18. murdog94

murdog94 New Member

It is a Mod and site contributor option only.
  19. randomsandwhich

randomsandwhich New Member

Thanks for the clarification.
  20. johnvosh

johnvosh New Member

So it has been 1 year and 8 months since this post in the quote and what is happening? I am wanting to create a poll, but can't. I am a member on 4 other sites similar to this and can create polls on them. Please lets get this fixed.