1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

how to submit a poll?

Discussion in 'POLLing place' started by heftylefty58, Nov 25, 2007.

?

How Often Do You Check your Motor Oil and/or Other Fluids

Poll closed Feb 22, 2013.
  1. Everyday

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Once a Week

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Once a Month

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr New Member 1000 Posts

I'll look into this, but you should have the option of creating polls right from the get go.

What Peter was describing is a Moderator tool.

When you create a thread, under the text box you see the typical "submit reply", and "Preview Post" buttons. if you scroll down more, you should see another section labeled "additional options" In that section you would select the option for a poll.

You do not create the thread, then go back and create the poll. It is a two step process, but it is done as one step.

These options would only be available on the initial post of a new thread, so you would not see them available in this thread.

Hope this helps.
  2. heftylefty58

heftylefty58 New Member

Ah, ok. So your setup is the same as other forums. Thanks for looking into this. FYI, I've uploaded a screenshot of what I see.

Thanks again!

Attached Files:

3. TomsHHR

TomsHHR New Member ROTM Winner

look at the contributer levels to be able to make polls.

They are on the Home menu
  4. heftylefty58

heftylefty58 New Member

Thanks Tom--I would never have found it myself.

In case anyone else was wondering, here's what you have to pay in order to post a poll: $19.99/yr

Silver Contributor
    - 4 MB attachment space - 90 stored PMs - 10 signature Images - Group PM to 6 users - Full access to create polls - Larger Avatar, profile picture and signature picture
  5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

We used to get all sorts of polls created that were taking away the value of doing polls, so we removed that function to only give it to moderators and site contributors.

We're right in the middle of planning for the next version of the GM Truck Club website so this is on the table and I guess we can concider opening it up again for everyone. We've got other things planned too from better photo albums, user garages, easier time to reply to messages, better focus on blogs and a front page for articles. Lots of bonuses coming out.
  6. heftylefty58

heftylefty58 New Member

Wow. Better late than never, I guess.
  7. randomsandwhich

randomsandwhich New Member

Is this option still only available to the top dogs or is now open to the general public? Would like to make a poll but doesn't seem I can't .. Someone enlighten me please.
  8. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

It is a Mod and site contributor option only.
  9. randomsandwhich

randomsandwhich New Member

Thanks for the clarification.
  10. johnvosh

johnvosh New Member

So it has been 1 year and 8 months since this post in the quote and what is happening? I am wanting to create a poll, but can't. I am a member on 4 other sites similar to this and can create polls on them. Please lets get this fixed.