1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How To Unsubscribe ~ New email format

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by ChevyFan, Dec 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Don't worry, I'm not going to spam everyone daily. I just want to start getting into sending out some emails with the new format several times per week or maybe just once per week. You can UNSUBSCRIBE from these emails by either clicking on the link on the bottom of the email, or you can login and change the options under your My Account.

The only issue is the new format takes 3 seconds to send each email, and there are now over 2500. So that's a couple of hours. But, it's never going to be counted as spam, I hope.

Thanks everyone! We keep growing!

HOW TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM MOST EMAILS
    We do send out emails that are more like announcements and newsletters from time to time. Follow these steps to unsubscribe from those messages.

1. Login and click Settings > General Options. If you have forgotten your password, go to the Lost Password Recovery tool.
    2. Scroll down to the Messaging & Notification section. UN-check the box for Receive Email from Administrators. This will stop all of the newsletter updates from being sent to you.

3. To stop thread updates from being sent to you, click the drop-down box next to the Default Thread Subscription Mode option. Make your choice for how you would like to be contacted via email about updates to threads.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  2. SidecarMike

SidecarMike New Member

Trying to unsubscribe unsuccessfully. If I click on the link on the mail, I get an error that reads Sorry, but we do not allow unregistered users to subscribe.
    If I click on My Account, I get a Personal Homepage that has nothing about unsubscribing.
    I receive about 200 emails a day. I don't want these at work.
  3. ChevyFan

I understand. One issue, make certain that you're logged into GMTRUCKCLUB.COM -- Same user ID and password as any other site.

I've got SidecarMike taken care of!
  4. ChevyFan

ok, I see what the issue is. The system did not log you in automatically. I will see if I have the ability to allow you to unregister simply from your user ID and email address.

This is a new email manager that I'm using, thanks in advance for being patient
  5. ChevyFan

I think I have fixed this issue, so all users that no longer want to get that email can unregister pretty quickly.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.