Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

How well can a Trailblazer tow a 4500lb boat?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)' started by BIGFOOT, Aug 20, 2010.

1. BIGFOOT

BIGFOOT New Member

Our 95 Tahoe is just getting old and I am thinking about replacing it with a late model Trailblazer. How strong is the transmission for towing? Do the have enough weight to keep the trailer going straight?

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

My wifes '05 Trailblazer doesn't even pull two jet ski's well. We tried just once. It has th 4.2 motor, automatic and 2wd.

3. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

However they are rated for up to 6000lbs i believe i will have to let a trailblazer owner chime in..

4. Recon541

Recon541 New Member

I pull our star craft travel trailer no problem it weighs around 5000#'s

5. rugrat

rugrat New Member

• What engine 4.2 or 5.3 I owned both the 6cylinder pulls but the 5.3 is great I pull a 30ft criscraft boat with no problem and I have the 5.3 now

6. kennythewelder

kennythewelder Active Member 500 Posts

Find an SS, they have a 6.0 L. , 400 H.P. That should pull anything you want, but they aren't cheep,