1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How well does your truck

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by heavy chevy, May 29, 2009.

1. heavy chevy

heavy chevy New Member

Hey guys just want to know how well your truck performs to you 0-60, mpg, hp etc.... Is there anything you want to do to make it perform better. Please tell all guys dont be shy.
  2. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP New Member

0-60 flat out sucks..my dodge was roughly about 6 seconds so i kinda miss thatmpg.aint too bad..depends on how im drivin.i get between 13-20..i definatly need some more step when its time to get up and go
  3. Henchman

Henchman New Member

Got no problem gettin' to 60. Gas wise...it sucks! Course with the 5.3 V8 it's going to do that. What I hate about it....it cuts off at 90! I want to disconnect the govenor but I think it voids my warranty. I wouldn't know how to do it anyways. Any ideas? I would also like to add a K&N to it. I heard that it gives a few extra HP, but I also heard that it doesn't do anything.
  4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

An intake doesn't do anything unless you get a tune that encorporate's that into the equation, and you don't have to disconnect the governor to get that problem fixed. ANY programmer/tuner out there can take the governor/top speed limiter off of your truck, when you take it in for service you shouldn't have to remove that feature but just to be safe you would put it back to stock. It is the easiest feature to use on a programmer, they give you step by step instructions also.

Heavy Chevy let's put it this way, my truck is so slow I KNOW my mom's 2006 Aveo can kill me all the way no matter what speed. NO JOKE! I love my truck for slow or slower, till death do us part! :glasses:
  5. Burden33

Burden33 New Member

0-60 is no problem i love it after it starts to loss it accleration but all that is going to change soon with my exhaust cold air and programmer im uise to drive a cobalt ss/sc so maybe that is why. by the way w4m is thwe only programmer to go with. aint that right heavy chevy.
  6. heavy chevy

heavy chevy New Member

Thats right people dont know what there missing out on.
  7. reeves_mck

reeves_mck New Member

well 0-60 is no problem if i can catch any traction. but for gas milage i get about 14-17 .
  8. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado New Member 1000 Posts

0-60, idk, but im know im faster then a 5.3 ext cab, gas mpg any where from 12-24
  9. heavy chevy

heavy chevy New Member

My gas mileage is pretty good I get around 22 to 23 on the highway. My 0-60 is about 6.7 seconds and that isnt bad to me for a 4.8
  10. Crakums_GT

Crakums_GT New Member

0-60 probably somewhere around 10 min lol. But that's ok because who wants to go 60 over rocks and through mud anyway. MPG last I checked it was getting around 15 mpg on the frwy. Same here love my slow Suzie and already decided that I will need no coffin cuz I'm getting buried in my truck.

-Greg