How would YOU Build a 2014 Silverado for the 2014 SEMA show?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by Enkeiavalanche, Apr 11, 2013.

Newest Photos

1. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Just got this in my email and thought I would see. How would you do it?..

[TABLE="width: 350, align: right"]
    [TR]
    [TD] [/TD]
    [TD="bgcolor: #000000"][​IMG]
    The Silverado is available for SEMA Show project vehicle proposals.
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD] [/TD]
    [TD] [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    This year’s Chevrolet SEMA Project Vehicle Program will focus on designers and manufacturers dedicated to creating new accessories and vehicle personalization items for Chevrolet's ’14 vehicles.
    Vehicles available include:

• Silverado (light-duty crew cab only)
    • Sonic
    • Impala
    • Camaro
    Requirements:

• Preservation of brand emblem on front and rear of vehicle
    • High level of paint and build quality; no wraps
    • Sponsorship decals to be limited to the lower 1/3 of the vehicle side
    • Commit to periodic design and build check-ins
    • Promote vehicle through November 4, 2014
    • Retain vehicle insurance totaling at least $3 million until the completion of the contract
    • Submit proposal by April 30, 2013
    Proposals must include:

• An introductory letter defining the vehicle theme, content and SEMA Show display location
    • An exterior rendering with the intended colors and modifications accurately defined
    • A build timeline with start and completion dates
    • A detailed list of upgrades and modifications
    • A promotional plan
    • Three printed copies mailed to the address listed below
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
  2. Headroom

Headroom New Member

Well for me, I'd get a sleeper wt reg cab short bed with the 6.2 gas and six speed tranny and some suspension mods to keep it flat in corners. I'd level it by dropping rear with some longer shackles. Would be a blast of a sport truck. I'm not so much into the bling bling jacked up look but like what others do to them.

But... I don't believe that engine/chasis combo is available so I'm just dreaming.
  3. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Start with a 6" lift (probably Fabtech) Some Truxus M/T's in 35"'s. A set of black chrome rims. I am not a fan of black rims. Something in an 18". Paint the truck flat black. Use gloss black for some kind of a design on the side of the truck. Oracle headlights, Rigid 50" Lightbar across the top of the windsheild. Road Armor front and rear bumpers. Rigid d2's on the rear bumper 2 on the outter and 2 toward the rear plate so ensure the rear of the truck has plenty of light. On the front install 2 sets of D2'sn each light socket. A warn 12k winch. Black chrome the front end,mirror caps, and side steps. Tint the windows. Put in a GPS/Dvd head unit. About 1k watts of power with upgraded speakers throughout the cab. And a single 10 under the back seat. A supercharger under the hood with all the underhood painted to match the body.
  4. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I would build it...like a rock.
  5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Id go with a 2wd C/C and 6 ltr/6 spd
    The build plan woud be based as a light duty weekday hauler/repair work truck and weekend fun vehicle
    The bed would get a removable gooseneck/5th wheel hitch and a combo toolbox aux fuel cell everything Rhino lined for durability. Lights below the bedrail and in the toolbox with power outlets in the toolbox.
    front end would get full billet grills on upper and lower along with bumper opening.
    PIAA or comparable lights behind the grill.
    underhood lighting for work an aux battery and fuse box for added electricals.
    Underhood air compressor with underbody aux tank and an underhood mig welder.
    Interior would get an upgraded stereo and video package for long hauls along with a center console cooler for drinks and sandwichs.
    Finish the back of the truck with a set of bright lights embedded in the rear bumper for back-up light.
    Minor mechsnical changes to the engine being an exhaust system to enhance sound of the vehicle an intake system an underhood covers to dress things up.
    A tuner to enhance performance and mpg.
    replace the front coils with air spring coils and add helper air springs to the rear suspension for load and control capabilities.
    A nice medium blue base paint with multiple coats of pearl clear coat.
    Finish the hood with a matt black center section similiar to 60's/70's muscle car paint schemes.
  6. bsmntcritr

bsmntcritr New Member

A positively aspirated motor would be a good improvement. A small turbocharger that would provide roughly 3 lb of boost at 2500 rpm would enhance the existing capabilities. Honestly, my 2011 has most everything i need, to do what I want to do. I'm not looking for a piece of art to drive around.