1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Howdy From South Carolina

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by kohrfam, Jul 27, 2012.

1. kohrfam

kohrfam New Member

I'm Matt from Myrtle Beach. I'm a Texas Aggie and a third generation ice cream manufacturer (www.republicicecream.com). Hobbies are hunting, bird dog training, fishing, and auto restoration.

I have a 2004 2500hd duramax with 230k thatit runs great, an 07 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited, and a 1962 Land Rover SerIIA SWB (w/a hot rod single barrel Rochester so it will hit 70mph) that I restored.

I'm looking for a new project. A 1950's Chevy Good Humor ice cream truck. My brother and I are launching our retail ice cream pint line regionally. I think it would be great to do grocery store promotions and other functions with a classic. I have found a few for sale, but it always seems like I'm about 6 months too late. Or they want 45k for them.

I'll start researching now on parts, tips, etc. on how to maintain/restore.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    If you're ever in Myrtle, I'll throw some ice cream your way.

Thanks,
  2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C ! Good to hear from an AGGIE, "Gig 'em" !
  3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

We are the Borg. Lift your vehicle and surrender your keys. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile. Erm, I mean ... welcome to GM Truck Club from the Raleigh/Durham area of NC! :great:
  4. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club!
  5. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club Matt, it's good to have you with us. :glasses:
  6. Salesguy1980

Salesguy1980 Rockstar 100 Posts

Welcome Aboard!
  7. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site and keep us updated on that truck. That would be an awesome thread. Good luck with the search.
  8. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Welcome to the club!