1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Howdy from Western NC.

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by dptyrob, Dec 17, 2008.

1. dptyrob

dptyrob Member

Greetings from Clyde, NC (just West of Asheville).

I've owned some GM's in the past but just recently became the proud owner of a 98 Suburban. I'd been wanting one for a long time and found myself needing one as well, as my need to tow (to pursue my hobby of off-roading) increased. I just bought a trailer to make that easier as well, now that I have something that can handle the additional weight.
    [​IMG]

My allegiance to vehicles consists of whatever gets me from A to B and gets the job done, though I've primarily owned Fords over the years. Thus far I am really in love with my Suburban though.

My hobby vehicles are my 88 Suzuki Samurai and my 1970 Scout 800A.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site and to GM! Nice looking suburban and looks like some fun off-road toys!
  3. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

welcome to the site!
    Thats a nice burb, and a sweet "zukie" :great:
  4. bry2500

bry2500 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site. Burb's are great. I need to get one after we get rid of the wifes minivan

Scourts are unstoppable. worked on one that had the front calipers seize on the rotors. The guy just kept on pushing it until the rotors sheared right off the axles. They were locked in the calipers. all he had was the rear brakes after that. Funniest damn thing I ever saw.
  5. bassalive

bassalive Rockstar 100 Posts

Right on man I like those Scouts. I had a 79 Super scout for a project and it was awsome. Had the 304 motor and lockers man it could climb trees. Why I sold her I'll never know. I currently drive a 99 Tahoe but I know where there is a couple of Scouts as I need another "woods wagon".
  6. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site Clyde! Nice Cornbinders.
  7. dptyrob

dptyrob Member

I pretty much grew up in Scouts. The first car I ever remember riding in was my Grandfather's 67 800 and he gave it to me when I turned 16. The 800A that I have now has the AMC 232 I-6, which is a great engine as far as having adequate power and getting decent fuel economy. I did a 2bbl conversion on it and that made it run even better. I've got another 800A exactly like it that I'm going to be restoring.

I just hauled off the other 800 that I have on the property. Some guy had dropped a 345 out of a Scout II in it. I pulled the 345 and swapped a tail shaft from the 727 transmission in my Wagoneer into a 727 for a Scout and I'm going to be putting the 345 in my Waggy when I get the time. Right now I've just got too many irons in the fire to finish that project. I have a 25 x 40 metal building on a pallet out in my yard right now that I'm going to put up to use as a garage and I need to get the clams scraped up to pour the foundation for it. Then I'll have a good place to go forward with all of my evil schemes. :D

Here's my car domain site for my Sammi: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3191565
    I've done a few things to it and I'm getting ready to do a few more, i.e. a SOA lift, OTT steering, and rear spool. That little toy is my real passion. :)
  8. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the GMTC
  9. sdavis2702

sdavis2702 Rockstar 100 Posts

Welcome to the site! Nice hood on the Suzuki!
  10. Davandy

Davandy Moderator 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site :sign0016: