1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Howdy! New member in DFW, TX.

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by McClintoc, Aug 18, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Hello, GMTC!

My name is Clint and I am from Texas (and dang proud of it!). Born and raised in Houston but have been living in the DFW area for about 8 years now. I have a BS in Emergency Management and currently work as a dispatcher for a heavy equipment company that contracts exclusively with the railroad industry. We clean up train derailments!

I have been a Silverado owner for over 11 years now. I graduated high school in 2001 (I'll be 30 in just under a month!) and got a 2001 Silverado before going off to college. I still have it! It had 8 miles on it when I got it new from the dealership and it now has just under 144,000! My parents have always owned Fords and when it came time for them to get me a car, I knew I wanted a truck and had driven my dad's F-150 plenty. When I test drove the Silverado, I fell in love instantly. My truck has been good to me the past 11 years and I can say I am and will be a GM truck owner for life.

With my Silverado being 11 years old and having 143,000+ miles on it, I came in search of a community that could help me keep it running. I will probably hang on to it for possibly another 5 years. If it gives me any issues, I'll need a good place to find information and see if anyone else has had similiar troubles. GMTC looks like it might be the place!
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site, we've got a big group down here in DFW, what part are you at?
  3. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Currently in the Denton area. I lived in Arlington when I first moved to DFW in '04 and have also lived in Bedford.
  4. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the Club Clint!! Theres a wealth of information here and you should get answers to any questions you have within the forum.
  5. McClintoc

Here is my truck, btw. Albeit a 7 year-old pic but it doesn't look much different. Since the pick, I have replaced the whole front bumper, replaced the missing fog lamp, added a diamond-plate tool box and tinted the front windows. Along with the bug deflector and a Line-X bed linder, those are the only mods I have done to it.

[​IMG]
  6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

We are the Borg. Lift your vehicle and surrender your keys. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile. Erm, I mean ... welcome to GM Truck Club, Clint! :great:
  7. sfdefender24

sfdefender24 New Member 100 Posts

Welcome to the Club, good to have ya here. You will def find the information to help ya.
  8. TemperMonkey

TemperMonkey New Member

Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!
  9. donyms

donyms Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the club Clint, it's good to have you with us. :glasses:
  10. McClintoc

I gotta say dony, that is a good looking truck in your sig. I like that paint job.