Howdy

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by airmanhalef16, May 2, 2013.

1. airmanhalef16

airmanhalef16 New Member

good evening,
    My name is michael and I am an aircraft electrician in the Air Force. I bought an 1984 GMC K1500 a few years back and it has been my project/hobby/learning truck. It originally had a 305 in it (it was pretty used up), so when my transmission went out (700r4) I replaced the engine with a crate 350 and had the transmission and transfer case rebuilt. I have the interior pretty much refreshed and have done tons of "little" things like brakes, shocks, and the list goes on and on.... I finally have it pretty much mechanically where it needs to be aside from an irritating vibration that I will be posting a thread about. Once I get that taken care of I am going to paint it. I love this truck... I am not restoring it.. just making it last another 30 years!

2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club and thank you for your Service!!! Sound like you have a fun and rewarding project on your hands.

3. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club Micheal, it's great to have you aboard. Thank you for your service to our Country also. :glasses:

4. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome. Nice truck, it sounds like it's in good hands.

5. Goldie

Goldie Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the Club! Sounds like you have a neat project and that it is capable hands. Thank you for stepping up to serve our country.

6. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C ! THANKS for YOUR SERVICE!

7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome, Michael, and thank you very much for helping to preserve our way of life. :great:

Pics of your ride?