1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Howdy

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by airmanhalef16, May 2, 2013.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. airmanhalef16

airmanhalef16 New Member

good evening,
    My name is michael and I am an aircraft electrician in the Air Force. I bought an 1984 GMC K1500 a few years back and it has been my project/hobby/learning truck. It originally had a 305 in it (it was pretty used up), so when my transmission went out (700r4) I replaced the engine with a crate 350 and had the transmission and transfer case rebuilt. I have the interior pretty much refreshed and have done tons of "little" things like brakes, shocks, and the list goes on and on.... I finally have it pretty much mechanically where it needs to be aside from an irritating vibration that I will be posting a thread about. Once I get that taken care of I am going to paint it. I love this truck... I am not restoring it.. just making it last another 30 years!
  2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club and thank you for your Service!!! Sound like you have a fun and rewarding project on your hands.
  3. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club Micheal, it's great to have you aboard. Thank you for your service to our Country also. :glasses:
  4. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome. Nice truck, it sounds like it's in good hands.
  5. Goldie

Goldie Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the Club! Sounds like you have a neat project and that it is capable hands. Thank you for stepping up to serve our country.
  6. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C ! THANKS for YOUR SERVICE!
  7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome, Michael, and thank you very much for helping to preserve our way of life. :great:

Pics of your ride?