1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hp Question

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Blackmatter, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Blackmatter

Blackmatter New Member

How much hp gain on a 5.3 engine can i expect to see with long tube headers, cold air intake, a true dual exhaust and a custom tune by diablo lew
  2. Josh

Josh New Member

its really hard to guess man. my old mustang i had i did bbk shortys bbk cai. and tuned it and only got 23hp. dynoed out at 286.4hp 312ft lb tq when they were done. thats with a lil more fuel from my 176lph pump. headers are usually the big difference maker. torque was from 298 ish i think.
  3. Blackmatter

Blackmatter New Member

ok thanks for replying guess i will find out when i get it all done.
  4. darnie1987

darnie1987 New Member

If i had to guess id say rwhp prob 30-45 on a good day. i do know with a nelsons tune and a cam you can push close to 100 hp over a stock application. honestly so far my two biggest " noticable" mods have been my cam and my tune. more so the tune for now tho because my cam needs a stall :)