1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hub Centric Wheels????????

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Jimbo74, May 7, 2009.

1. Jimbo74

Jimbo74 Rockstar 100 Posts

i have no clue about hub centric wheels or even when they are required, can sumbody tell about em and when i would need to run em?
  2. Tight Lines

Tight Lines New Member

From what I understand, they are plastic washers that center the rim correctly when installed. The washer is usually part of the rim sale if needed. Maybe someone else can add to this but that is what I was told when I was going to change rims on my former car.
  3. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Hubcentric just means that the center of the rim is bored to a precise diameter to fit the hub, this is used to ensure the rim is centered on the hub properly which eliminates vibration on large diameter rims, as opposed to the studs being used to center the rim. To ensure proper fitment you should run hubcentric rims on your '07 with the centerbore being 78.3mm and a lug pattern of 6x139.7, hope this helps. :great:
  4. Jimbo74

Jimbo74 Rockstar 100 Posts

thanks yall
  5. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

x2. good info once again :great:
  6. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i have never heard of that before. good question
  7. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

G.M. went to hubcentric rims for the '99 body style change, and also made the 2wd and 4wd able to use the same rim whereas before '99 the 2wd used a 5 lug pattern and 4wd used a 6 lug patern :glasses: