Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

hunting license?!?!

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by CarpenterGuy, Oct 19, 2008.

1. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Ok, i finaly found a time and place to take the physical portion of the hunting license get-up. All i need to know now is what's on it. I nkow it probobly varies from state to state, but what all did yall have to do? I nkow you have to show you know how to get into a tree stand (i've never been in a tree stand). How do you get into a tree stand? I'm a little nervous

2. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hm, there's no physical test to get a hunting license over here in TX. You just have to pass a hunter safety course, which is just a classroom thing. After that, you just gotta fork over the cash for a new license each year.

I've never hunted a tree stand myself, so I can't help you with the proper proceedure for that. Here's a little instructional video I found from the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources. A little boring, but it might tell you what you need to know for your test.

3. zippy

zippy Rockstar 100 Posts

tree stand safety video

:fighting0034: Tree stand! We don't need no stinkin' tree stands!
    Sounds like your license test covers the stuff you'd have in a hunter safety course. Doesn't Alabama accept an NRA approved hunter safety course, or what?

They won't be looking for you to climb like Tarzan, but they'll be concerned how you handle your gun safely. Sounds like an update of the old test on how to safely climb over a fence with a rifle.

Here's a link to a video by Outdoor Alabama on tree stand safety, it should get your thru the test http://www.outdooralabama.com/hunting/safety.cfm.

Good luck!

Diligently practice safe firearms handling procedures at all times!
    The life you save may be mine.
    [SIZE=-2]NRA Endowment Life Member[/size]

4. CarpenterGuy

I dont use tree stands either. It seems like cheating to me. This thing's more like a "feild day" and it's also a hunter saftey course in one. All i know so far is taht they're going to watch me climb a tree, and how i hold a gun. I know there's other stuff too

Thanks for the links!

5. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

mine was pretty easy. i just had to sign up for the hunter education and safety class here in jersey. the class had a couple parts to it. one they walked us around and showed us examples of what to do after you kill the deer and how to track it and whatnot but than showed us what animals we could shoot and went over rules and limits and stuff. than we had to do a physical portion on the range where we had to shoot targets and identify the parts of the gun and basically make sure we could shoot straight and use the safety and keep the gun pointed downrange. then the last part was a test which i think i got a 100% on it was beyond easy as long as you have common sense. the bow license is the same except you have to shoot a target from 20 yards or something

6. CamoRig

CamoRig Member

Hate it for you Young'uns. Just have to fork over the cash here in SC since my age group doesn't require a saftey course certificate. Which I have from a course back in the 90's while in Arizona. Had to take an archery test in 1985 while stationed in Alaska, which was intresting. We had two life size Moose targets to shoot at. you had to get three out of four arrows into the vital organ area from 20 and 30 yards. And I was using a 70# Long Bow, not much time for sighting in.
    Good luck with your test. Nothing wrong with thinking about saftey when firearms are involved.:glasses:

7. SilveradoBrett

SilveradoBrett Rockstar

In colorado there is no physical portion to the hunting liscense. You are not allowed to hunt in tree stands except for the archery season. Also as far as bird hunting is concerned out here, there really isn't many rules besides having to call in your HIP number every year which is a poll over the phone that you have to complete for your liscence to be valid. I have never used a tree stand so I don't know what advise I can give you except the video that was posted by someone else. I am going elk hunting on the 15th of novemeber so I am starting to get really excited about that. I personally don't hunt deer, because it is too much of a hassle to me now. I used to when I was younger but I haven't for several years now. Hopefully I will be able to get a bull elk this year, I am about due I haven't got one for 3 years so I am hoping this year will be different.

8. CarpenterGuy

I want to go elk hunting some day.

So far, this license crap seems like an easy pain in the butt.

9. EagleTalons

EagleTalons Rockstar 100 Posts

In Montana if you are born after 1985 you must have completed hunters education. That's all for a license here I think...