Hunting Photos! Who uses a Game Camera when hunting?

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by GaryL, Sep 14, 2010.

1. GaryL

GaryL Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Post 'em if you got 'em!!! I want to see all kinds of game - deer, turkey, critters, predators, exotics, etc. Let's see 'em all!

Here is a prospect for this year. Sorry about the quality, I took a picture of the TV with my phone.

[​IMG]

Here's one from last year that had some bad luck.

[​IMG]

Here's a little guy I don't want to run into in the dark on the way to the stand!

[​IMG]

A little mixture for you.

[​IMG]

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I thought the first one was a video game at first. :)

3. ChevyFan

Only 4 months away till deer season.

4. ChevyKing

ChevyKing Member

That first picture makes the deer look possessed, lol. Whenever I'd go hunting I never took a camera. Just felt like a hassle to me, but maybe I should reiterate that, because it actually could be cool to reminisce about the wild-life I've seen. Except when it's one you killed, but I think I'd be over it. :rofl:

5. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

No pics but dove season starts in about eight weeks!

6. ChevyFan

When my dad passed I found that he told my cousin that he was getting my grandfather's 1930's era 12 ga Remington shotgun. I might try to pick up a shotty over the summer. I really wanted that 12 ga.

7. ChevyFan

Game cameras are automated motion sensor activated and left in known feeding areas. Then you come back (or in some cases you can log in to see live) to determine what the game in that area looks like.

8. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Back in 2006 I worked at Academy and that same year my dad retired and bought 100 acres in central Texas. I got him a game camera for Christmas. He used to send me pics all the time but I haven't seen any the past couple of years. My dad's land has all sorts of animals on it: deer, hogs, turkey, dove, ducks, quail and various rodents. I don't think he puts the camera out much anymore, though.

9. sana5500

sana5500 New Member GMTC Chick

Wonderful photos. thanks for sharing.