Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hunting pictures from New Zealand

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by Mike Hill, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Mike Hill

Mike Hill Rockstar

Hello

Here are some pictures from back home in New Zealand.Most of our Hunting is public access,there are no Tags,Licences,or Bag limits on Deer,Pigs,Goats,Wallibies,Thar or Chamois.

All Hunting is carried out with Rifles/Shotguns,its not allowed to Hunt with Pistols.However we can own and use Silencers without any permits.

Hope you enjoy these pictures.

Attached Files:

2. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Great pics Mike. Thanks for sharing them.
  3. Mike Hill

Mike Hill Rockstar

Your Welocome Stephen.This Forum has helped me out alot and I just like to add somthing.I have alot of Pictures,I must scan them and upload them one day.
  4. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Those are awesome pictures. It looks like a lot of fun. I love that land rover, too! Any idea what year it is?

So, are the gun laws pretty lax in NZ?
  5. troutbug

troutbug Rockstar 100 Posts

Thanks for sharing. Beautiful landscapes you have there. X2 on the rover also. The kids look like they are having a great time!
  6. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

7. Mike Hill

Mike Hill Rockstar

They are my good Freind's Children.Its nice to see Kids being able to see where Meat comes from and to share a little bit in the experiance of the Hunt.

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

My Landrover is a 1969 SII,but it has been Fitted with a Landcrusier Diesel Engine and Grearbox.Also it has High Speed Differentials, unbelievably it will do 100MPH.

The Gun Laws are sensible in NZ.Firearms ownership is not a right,however you can own Fully Automatic Weapons etc with the correct Licence.However it is forbidden to fire them.Pistols can be owned but only for Target Shooting on an approved Range,they must also be stored in a Safe.One cannot own a Firearm soley for self defence in NZ.
  8. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Ah, ok. That's not too bad. I think "sensible" is a good way to put it. I like that you're at least allowed to own fully automatic weapons. You have to jump through quite a few hoops to own a fully automatic rifle here in the U.S. but you can certainly shoot them on your own land or at some ranges. The rest sounds about like California (pistols in safes, etc.). I feel like NZ and/or Australia would be cool places to live. I do love the US, though.

You've got a nice ride there. I've always liked the older Land Rovers and even the older Toyota Land Cruisers. They make great hunting vehicles.
  9. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

That looks like a blast what type of deer is that?? cuz it is HUGE!!! over here in MN we get a 200lb white tail and that is a big deer!
  10. Mike Hill

Mike Hill Rockstar

Thats a Scottish Red Deer.They were released into the Wild in NZ in the Mid 1800's.Its the biggest one I have shot,I had to carry the meat out in two Trips.
    Long Walk.