Hunting Season 2010 - 2011 - Who's going?

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by ChevyFan, Sep 13, 2010.

Newest Photos

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Let's get this thread cranking, who's going hunting this year and what are you going hunting for?
  2. FergusonT

FergusonT New Member 100 Posts

I have never hunted before but I plan to this year with a bow. I recently moved waaay out in the country...Pretty much in the middle of some blueberry farms. If you ever go to a Whole Foods store and buy blueberries...chances are they came from within a 5 mile radius of my house.

Anyways we have a pond and deer always come right up to the back of it...We can see them from the kitchen table.
  3. My99Silverado

My99Silverado New Member

I definitely have the itch...its so close. I am an avid hunter, I hunt deer with a rifle and muzzleloader. This year I am trying to get back into bow hunting since I never had enough time in college to do so, but 1st I have to pick out a bow (very tough decision by the way). I also like to get out there and jump some ponds for ducks.
    Anyone hunt coyotes? I'm thinking about doing that over the winter, but I have never done so.

Everyone should post pics of this years trophies.
  4. GaryL

GaryL New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I've already started. Went dove hunting over Labor Day weekend at my deer lease. Between me and my hunting buddy, we took 77 doves over three days. I already have my feeders going for the deer and the game camera is giving me good promises.

There is another thread in this forum for trophy pics, so check it out and post up some pics of your previous or current trophies.
  5. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Small Game opener i think next weekend (i dont keep to close of track anymore) and that is for rabbit, and Ruffled Grouse (partridge) and then I do Rifle Deer in November.. Time to get ready for that. WOOOHOOOOO
  6. ntbush83

ntbush83 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Heck yeah coyotes are great! You have an open season and you can shoot them whenever you want. Its also amazing to watch and listen to them respond to a good distress call. they'll come right to ya
  7. ajarman

ajarman New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Went opening day for dove and got my limit. Not much of a deer hunter, but do enjoy duck hunting in the swamps of NC! I will be sure to post up some pics of any ducks I get this year.
  8. rip5164

rip5164 New Member 100 Posts

We're all getting ready for the archery opener here. We hunt dove, deer (bow, shotgun, muzzleloader and pistol), pheasant, duck and geese. We try to get out as much as possible and do enjoy the fruits of our labor. We do want to do some coyote as we can use rifles for them on private land. Just gotta score some private land.
  9. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

You werent the one over there near Frisco stirring up the neighbors in that new subdivision that just found out they built their houses right in the middle of an area thats still zoned and leased for Dove hunting were you?
  10. 1990chevy

1990chevy New Member

go to home depot and buy some sheet rock chances are it came about 500yards from my house lol i live in the middle of nowhere also haha as for me hunting this year deer rabbit and cyote