Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hunting: Which type of weapon?

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by murdog94, Sep 19, 2010.

1. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

As the title says what type of hunting do you prefer? Such as Archery (bow) Rifle, Blackpowder, or shot gun? Also what do you hunt with?
    Me i hunt for Ruffled grouse (partridge) and use a 12Ga Remington 870 Express synthetic, and the occasional rabbit.
    And I deer hunt but rifle only. 30-06. And in some areas a 3in slug with the shotgun depending on local laws.
    Next year im going to apply for my bear license, and also start trying to get my once in a lifetime moose before to long.

Oh and occasionally i end up hunting with the grill of my truck sadly, or else i swear they go hunting for me. :lol:
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

X2, hunting with the truck. LOL.
  3. 77gmc

77gmc Member

here in indiana, we cant use 30-06 on deer lol but i use a marlin 1894 lever action in a 44 mag and i use hornady lever revolutions love those shells but i also coon hunt with a remington semi auto 22 rifle
  4. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Doves and Ducks for me! For both I use my Beretta Urika 2 12ga.
  5. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

pheasant, grouse with the rem 870. Deer with either my rem 7600 .270 or my savage .308. squirrel with the henry .22
  6. ejohnson03

ejohnson03 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Went trap shooting with my buddy up north once.

He had a crazy arsenal. Got to shoot this...
    [​IMG]

Street Sweeper... spitting out 12Ga. shells as fast as you could pull the trigger.
    Didn't hit a single clay pigeon, imagine that.

Then we targerted a few watermelons with his 300 Weatherby
    [​IMG]

Also, shot the Desert Eagle at the indoor range.
    You would have thought a bomb went off.
    [​IMG]

700 Nitro Express... now that is a side arm.
    [​IMG]
  7. rip5164

rip5164 Rockstar 100 Posts

PSE Vengeance bow, Marlin bolt slug gun, TC Encore muzzleloader and Ruger Super Redhawk for all the Illinois deer seasons. Benelli M1 S90 for dove, duck, goose and pheasant.
    Remington .300 Win Mag for the critters in the U.P. when I used to hunt up there.
  8. ThatSilverStepside

ThatSilverStepside Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

am I the only one that hunts old school?? I bow hunt for deer, and occasionally I take the .308 savage out during rifle season...I just love how devastating and quiet the bow is..more fun IMO
  9. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I have a few friends who bow hunt but I haven't had the opportunity to get into myself. I definitely would not be opposed, though.

Personally, I hunt dove with my L.C. Smith Field Grade 20Ga side-by-side (was my great grandfather's). I have a couple of other (new) shotguns but I really enjoy using that one.
  10. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I dont have the strenghth in my back to pull on a bow anymore, and to be honest yes its devastating, but i like to squeeze the trigger and watch the deer drop right to the groud thru my scope at 200+ yards (last years shot) just gets your blood pumping since ive seen a lot of hunters who cant calm down enough to take the long shot. Not saying they dont try but ive seen alot of misses.