1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hurricane Ike - Texas Coast - South Texas

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Sep 7, 2008.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Looks like another Hurricane on its way to the gulf coast. Any word on where it's predicted to hit?
  2. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab New Member 1000 Posts

looks like between galveston and beaumont
    which once again puts me in the part
    :(

i gassed up today //should be here around the end ofthis week :grrrrrr:

il be evac. if the track stays the same
  3. MWright936

MWright936 New Member 1000 Posts

I really freakin hope it doesn't hit SE Texas! I don't mean to wish it upon anyone else, but I just went through the headache of evacuating last week!! So many hurricanes this year!
  4. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab New Member 1000 Posts

i hear that matt! :lol:
    well it looks like it is comming straight towards me! im about 40 min away from galveston (which is where it is projected to hit) !!
    still up in the air about evacuating .. ..it cost so much to take the rv anywhere these days (pulling it with a 2500 dodge diesel @ 9 mpg) :grrrrrr:
    we have a genny and several cans of fuel..
    well see :neutral:

yall all please pray for all of us down here ..its been a while since we have had a bad hurricane..
  5. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

im so glad im in the northeast, but stay safe guys!!! hope it doesnt get you!!
  6. omegafiler

omegafiler New Member

7. ChevyFan

Looks like it's going to slam into South Texas somewhere, who knows where these things will hit. Best of luck to everyone down there, stay safe and get out if there is an evac. :great:
  8. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts

They said Corpus Cristi on the news a few minutes ago. If that is so, we will be getting some rain around here.
  9. ChevyFan

Looks like it's starting to flood in Galveston already, storm isn't supposed to hit until another 12 hours from now ... looks like it's going to be a bad one.
  10. ChevyFan

Don't hear warnings like this all the time.

As Hurricane Ike bore down on the Houston area on Friday morning, the National Weather Service issued a stern warning to people living in small houses on Galveston Island that they faced “certain death” from flooding if they remained in their homes.