Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Hurricane Preparation Tip

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Als09Sierra, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

so far so good here. power blinked a few times overnight, and was off for about half a hour this morning. internet is up and down some as well.

lots of rain over night. most standing water ive seen here on ft. story. some downed branches and so on, no trees yet.

Alex

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

All good here.. Some wind Little rain Not much going on just bored at home...

3. Sawfish

Sawfish Member

Very good recipe. However, having been through Hurricanes in Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas and Jamaica, I suggest you take this recipe and modify the quantity x 20. It will not be too much! :sign0020:

4. clinton_hedrick

clinton_hedrick New Member

The wind and rain are starting to pick up here in Ohio... it has already been raining for a few days, I'm looking forward to this mud ;)

5. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Lots of wind right now, but still have power and tv (satellite). It's supposed to get ugly later. I've been watching the news report about the crane at 57th and 7th in NYC. That's crazy. They're supposedly going to let it fall because they can't get anyone up there now to secure it.

I went to the marina at high tide, and there was about 2 feet of piling left...not good. They added two by fours to the pilings to help match the rising tide, but I'm not too optimistic. They nailed two to each piling, but the slips will rip those right off with the weight of the boats and this wind. The next chance I'll have to check on it is tomorrow around 12, if the weather allows. Hopefully there's something there to see. Meantime, a couple of branches down by here, but waiting for the real wind to come in soon. I'll post pics and some vids when this is all done. Stay safe everyone and keep a copy of that recipe on hand.

6. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

IMAG0583.jpg
    IMAG0584.jpg
    Weather has been nasty here, not much rain but the wind is sure making a mess of things. Just lost power for the second time. Also I have trees and power likes down about a mile up the road either way from my driveway so it looks like I am staying put for a while.

Edit sorry for the extra pic I'm on my phone, uploaded the wrong one.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  7. Als09Sierra

Just lost a big tree in the back, but it missed my neighbor's house. The one in front is swaying, but holding up still. It's next to the lines to both my house and the neighbor's so hopefully it stays up. Looks like it's going to be a long night. No phone and cell service is nonexist. Wish I had the ingredients for that drink. :grrrrrr:

8. Als09Sierra

Well we survived. No other tree damage, and amazingly, we have power. Trees are down all around, and power is out but somehow our block has power. Spent all day working on the fallen tree and spoke to the insurance company about a couple of things, but we're happy to have power and to be well.

Checked on the boat and the dock survived, no damage to the boat and they have power too. One sailboat was knocked off it's pontoon lift but otherwise no issues. I'll post some pics when I get them uploaded.

9. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Good to hear I was hoping your boat would be able to ride out those waves, it got pretty rough out there for a while.
    I see a few larger boats ran into trouble i.e. the HMS Bounty tried to outrun the storm and capsized and a 170' water tanker near New York drug it's anchor and got pushed up on the beach.

10. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

glad to hear your ok tbplus.

Alex