1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hurricane Preparation Tip

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Als09Sierra, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Active Member 1000 Posts

I saw the pic of the water tanker, but didn't know about the HMS Bounty. I wasn't real assured with the 2x4's, but it looks like they may have made the difference. I have to speak with the marina to find out how high the water got. I've been watching the videos that [MENTION=52248]Conlan Rose[/MENTION] posted. That's the LI Sound which looks like the ocean in those pics. Usually the Sound has waves up to a foot, and once in awhile gets to two or three feet at most.
  2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts

Have you seen the second set of pictures?
  3. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Active Member 1000 Posts

I've been checking your thread, but don't have a facebook account. I may need to sign-up one of these days I suppose.

I just spoke to the guys at the marina, and left a tip for taking care of the boats. Apparently the water got to the top of the pilings. The 2x4s were only to guide the slips back if the water brought the slips up over the top. Either way, I'm happy that the boat is floating and still in one piece. I've been watching the news and all the boats piled up like toys. Unbelievable.
  4. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts

You shouldn't need a Facebook to view the pics. I might post them on here once I have power but there's over 180 pictures.