Hurricane Sandy: Milford Ct

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Conlan Rose, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Was it one of the glass type, with designs in it? We had a few like that, they had air in the designs in the glass. I may have had a few to many pops one night and fell asleep with the candles burning on the tale. I woke to an explosion!! the candle burned all the way down into the holder. The holder then exploded. I do not know if it was just the temperature that the glass reached that made it explode or if it was the air inside the design expanding that caused the episode. It was one of those 5 wick candles. I had 5 separate little fires to put out and wax every where

2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Yah same situation except there wasn't any air I just think the holder didn't heat evenly and it cracked violently. Man did it scare me because I was fairly close to it.

3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Glad to see your OK I'm runnung a 5500 watt Gen Just wired into the baseboard heat so I can have some.. That and the Fridge and Subpump.. Anyway Nice pics I posted some myself.. Talk soon.. Glenn

4. Conlan Rose

I'll try to check them out I'm sadly confined to using my phone so its a pain to post and view some stuff. I have like two blog items I want to post but I can't post pictures from mobile. I'm happy to hear that you are safe. And I really wish I had heat.... generator doesn't have enough juice for that.

5. sierra11

sierra11 Rockstar 100 Posts

I'm glad to hear you are going to be having power soon. Maybe CT wasn't to stingy but I saw on the news that New Jersey wouldn't let Alabama Power help them with all the repairs because they weren't part of the union. It really just baffles me that in a crisis like this they would make others suffer.

6. Conlan Rose

Where I live I will be part of the last group of people to get power. UI hasn't even started working near us they are still clearing sand and trees. They might have started to assess what electrical systems are damaged but still some roads are flooded and houses are unsafe to bring power back to. They said 95% should be back on by Monday night, I'm likely part of that 5% that won't be back online.

7. Conlan Rose

Got power back at about 3am this morning had to put everything back on grid power. Generator is stored, but ready to be brought back out if the nor'easter hits us hard like predicted. I will be posting acouple albums here of the storm and damage.