Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hydro Graphics Dash

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by sstoner911, Apr 30, 2012.

1. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Greetings everyone,

Just wanted to share a recent project. Its a dash out of a 2011 Jeep. I also have a member here who is sending me the front and rear bowties today to be dipped. I will post picks of those as well once they are complete.

The dash is done in one skull pattern. We are using this dash in a display at a local car audio shop. To show the different effects we did half the dash in a red candy and the other half we cleared normal.

The bowties we will be doing will be color matched to the truck with another skull pattern the member chose. The truck is Metallic Stealth grey which will be the base coat with this pattern over it.

Attached Files:

2. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Wow, that looks really nice. I'm really curious to see how the bowties turn out. How's the longevity on that stuff and how do you protect things like the dash? I could see this as a relatively affordable way to upgrade the look of the whole interior.
  3. sstoner911

Longevity is the most common question. This process can be used on interior, exterior, and even parts under the hood. The process is just like any other process that involves paint - PREP is the key. Hydro Graphics is as durable as a paint job on a vehicle. The clear coat is automotive clear. It can be buffed and waxed.

Interior parts that are dipped should retain the finish for years - they arent subjected to the sun as much if at all.

Exterior parts you can expect to last as long as your paint on your vehicle generally - I know guys here in Arizona with dipped spoilers that have had them for 5 years and the look like they did they put them on. I guess your mileage will vary depending what elements its subjected to.

The clear we use has a UV protection.

This is a bow riser that we dipped - the owner has another bow that was dipped 7 years ago and he said the finish is as good as the day he brought it home.

The pattern is Predator Brown Decpetion

Attached Files:

• bow.jpg
      bow.jpg
      File size:
      36.1 KB
      Views:
  4. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Thanks for the info. As I'm sure is understandable, I'm always a bit hesitant with doing something to my truck that I'm unsure of. Dipping is quickly becoming a front runner for some accessories though. The hardest part will be figuring out the design.
  5. sstoner911

I was a consumer of Hydro Dipping before I began the retail side of it - I have it in my truck and I plan on doing a few more parts. I am very picky when it comes to my truck and the mods - if I wouldnt put it in my truck I wouldnt expect you to either!

I will tell you that the ink from the film etches to the paint - it takes some elbow grease to get the pattern off to repaint!

When people are unsure I suggest doing a couple trim parts off the door etc...just to get a taste :)
  6. Jeremy09LTZCrew

And that's exactly what I'm planning to do. I'll start with something small and easy to replace if I don't like it for some reason. I doubt that will be the case, but better safe than sorry. Plus I want a single theme for the interior so that will give me a good idea of the overall result.
  7. UpsetProps

UpsetProps Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Looks really nice, if you guys had a royal purple or dark purple burlwood or carbon fiber I would definitely give it a shot on my interior.
  8. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

That looks great! I really like the idea of hydrodipping things. I would send my dash bezel and console trim your way to do the carbon fibre film like the GFX trucks had, but I sanded the texture off of the bezel in my last truck and I don't have the motivation or time to smooth another one.
  9. osgprometheus

osgprometheus Member 2 Years 100 Posts

That looks sweet man. Can't wait to see it installed.
  10. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Makes me want to send you my whole dash shell!