Hydrodipping

Discussion in 'Gorilla Hydro Dip' started by ChevyFan, Apr 5, 2012.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I just saw some hydrodipped valve covers with a carbon-fiber looking design, they made old valve covers look like something straight off a ZR1.

2. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

This sounds pretty cool! You have any pictures? I'm wondering how hydro dipped stuff holds up to high temperature applications with out falling off or discolorating.

3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Perhaps you should ask [MENTION=19572]sstoner911[/MENTION] of on these forums. He works for Gorilla Hydro Dip and may be able to provide some insight. Here's a link I hope you will find useful: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/17826-Gorilla-Hydro-Dip

4. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

It is a common question we are asked. Hydro graphics will hold up for just about anything except headers under the hood of an automobile. The longevity will depend on the clear coat used. We use automotive clear so your going to get a nice high gloss finish. If you ever need to touch up the finish its generally nothing more than a buff and wax. As long as the clear is not compromised you cant hurt the actual design. I have seen air intake tubes still look like the day they were dipped after 3 years.

We can do most valve covers for around $75.00 per cover...For members of this forum $50.00 per cover...so $100 for both.

5. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I completely forgot about using clear coat! That makes since now! Clear coat sure is a amazing thing! Thanks for the response sstoner! Now I'm just still waiting on steve for those pictures! :lol:

6. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Here are some valve covers done in black/silver carbon fiber. You can have different color combinations i.e base color and the color of the carbon fiber design.

Here is also a picture of our new, larger tank.

Attached Files: