1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hyper Flash LED turn signal problem (help)

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by ffdsmokeeater, Feb 10, 2013.

1. ffdsmokeeater

ffdsmokeeater Member

So I completed a full LED conversion on my 2010 Silverado over the weekend. All exterior bulbs are now LED (minus heads, fogs).

However, I specifically purchased these LEDs that have the built in "canbus" base / load resistor so I wouldn't have to screw around with buying / installing additional load resistors.

see here... http://www.carid.com/lumen/

Well, low and behold, I installed all the LEDs and they hyperflash. Has anyone had a problem with this? Any suggestions?

It's strange, when I activate the turn signal, it flashes at normal speed for 3 flashes then turns to hyper flash.
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

The cleanest way to handle it is to replace your turn signal/flasher relay with a LED-compatible one. I don't know the model number on the one for the NNBS trucks but I know someone posted it here, once in the last few months. Gratuitous use of the search feature on this site should help you find the post containing it...
  3. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I am pretty sure the turn signals are controlled by the BCM on the NNBS style trucks...my )8 is anyway. I had the same issue ...had to add a resistor.
  4. redneck70

redneck70 Rockstar

I'm afraid if your still getting the hyper flash you'll have to go with resistors. The NNBS style trucks signal flash is controlled by the BCM, gone are the days of the good old flasher relays.