1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hypertec power programmer VIN Locked?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Rychehawk, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Rychehawk

Rychehawk New Member

I have an opportunity to by a used Hypertec power programmer and my question is: Can it be used on another truck (mine) or is it locked to the VIN of the original truck it was first used on?

Any other info on these is welcome as well. It looks like the PN# is 30022 or 30027?

Thanks
  2. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Hey man it is programmed to the first truck it hook's up too but also you can take the whole program off of your truck so you can sell it to the same make and model of your vehice. The reason being is you can't use the hypertec or any other programmar until it is taken off the truck and back to factory settings reason being other wise allot of people would use the same one lol.

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

Basically when he get's ready to sell it too you it will be like new again and ready to be programmed to your truck.
  3. IPFK83

IPFK83 Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

As said above as long as the person you are buying the programmer from sets his truck back to factory settings it puts the the hypertech "tune" back on the programmer and you can use it. Also when you do this the programmer will log both vin numbers from each vehicle so if your truck ever goes back to the dealership or anywhere they have to update the computer and the hypertech program is erased or written over hypertech will not reflash your programmer for free for you due to the fact that there are 2 vins on the programmer. I just ran into this problem with my buddies truck who had to take his ford in and get a new pcm hypertech charged him $200 for a new program
  4. Rychehawk

Rychehawk New Member

Ok thanks for the info guys...