1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hypertech Info

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by drumrob, Mar 5, 2009.

1. drumrob

drumrob Rockstar 100 Posts

So I just bought a Hypertech Max Energy for my 07 Silverado 4.8. I guess my question is how many rpm's did you guys add per shift. Or what changes if any did you do when you got your programmer. I messed around with it but I'm not getting that power I had on my 05 silverado with a v6. Of course someone else installed it for me but I didn't want to pay someone to answer yes or no questions. It also asked me something about the stiffness of the shift. Just wondering how can I get the most out of the programmer. Thanks in advance
  2. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I am having the same problem out of my superchip programer. IT has no low end torque period and screams after about 20 mph. Superchips programers are looking into the problem. I think it has something to do with the TCM or the torque controll management system on the new silverados.
  3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Depending on gear I added 500-750 rpm's per shift point, my truck is a 2005 1500 with the 5.3. That is the range I have always liked mine to be in, as an ongoing Hypertech customer.
  4. drumrob

yeah I hear you. I expected my truck to roar on 1st gear but it doesnt until the rpm's get in the 5k just wish when I pressed on the gas I could feel that raw power
  5. heavy chevy

you can thank gm for the TCM beacause im telling you that is what the problem is
  6. Marcus

Marcus Rockstar

I have been told new GM's have a thing called abuse mode which limits how much power is put to the drive shaft from a dead stop to wide open throttle. As far as torque management goes I have heard many things going both ways. Some people say leave it alone because its only there to protect your transmission while others say the 5.3L doesn't put out enough power to hurt the 4L60E and remove torque management 100%. I just ordered my EFI tune with the torque management left alone and we'll see how that works. If I want it removed I will just send it back in and get it removed.
  7. drumrob

Really is that what it is? I wonder if theirs a way of taking it off or how hard will it be to take it off
  8. heavy chevy

I have heard that it is on all gm v8 engines not only the 5.3 but the 4.8 and 6.0