1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hypertech Max Energy E-Con?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by gsvar2004, May 27, 2008.

1. gsvar2004

gsvar2004 New Member

this is my first post so i will introduce myself. I have a 2004 Silverado 4.3l V6 with magnaflow exhaust, k&n Intake system. I dont get very good mpg around 17 for both highway and city it seems no matter how i dirve. I am lookin to improve MPG, and up the horses a little bit. I am not looking to turn my v6 to a beast cuz i know that just wont happen. I am wondering does anyone have experience with the E-con or know anyone who does? I would like to see others opinions on this programmer before i drop 330 on it. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
  2. EKperformance

EKperformance New Member

i have 4.3 silverado and one thing you could do is cut the diffuser off of the throttle blad, search for it on s-10crewcab.com , there is a full right up on it, i did it and it improved my highway mpg and will help out in the city a little bit, also better acceleration