1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hypertech Max Energy Programmer..ORDERED..

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by finalday7, Jan 19, 2008.

1. finalday7

finalday7 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Well I just order the Hypertech Max Energy Programmer for my NBS 07 Sierra. The main reason for my odering is my awful gas mileage of about 11.6 or so. The Programmer has nice claims and I trust the Hypertech Name. Oh yeah and there's a 30 day money back guarantee :great:.. If it doesn't do what I want I'll be returning it and getting a custom dyno tune for hp and torque more so then fuel. I'll make sure to keep ya posted. :glasses:
  2. sgt_in_usaf

sgt_in_usaf New Member

Please post an update when you get it. I'm thinking about getting it myself for my 01 burb.
  3. finalday7

Will do. I"m really hoping it will do what I want if it doesn't i'm gonna be pissed.
  4. Doug C.

Doug C. New Member

I got the model 32000 for my 99 Tahoe , it is also the same model my 01 HD 2500 uses . So I can switch back & forth between vehichles . In my case it does EVERYTHING it promises . My Tahoe with all it's bolt-on mods runs like a muscle car ' and gets 20 MPGs when female driven . It controls tranny shift points so you don't need a shift kit .
  5. finalday7

Man I'm gettin excited thanks Doug :great:
  6. RatRod

RatRod New Member

How cool, did you get part number32004? I am interested in what it does for fuel economy.
  7. Doug C.

Doug C. New Member

The 32000 is what my truck called for , with my 19 tear old son driving , the Tahoe gets 17 MPGs , when my wife drives it 20 MPGs .
  8. finalday7

I got it today...Woo Hoo.....
    Yes it is part number 32004.

O.k

Day1, Installed Programmer ( Only took 10 mins and that was 5@ finding the onstar fuse :happy:).
    Ran 87 Octane tune and headed to the gas station for fill up.
    On the way I put it through some tests and the WAS a nice difference.
    From a start I didn't have to press the pedal as hard to get to desired speed and I was turning less RPM. NICE..
    Smashing the Gas from any speed results in great acceleration all the way to redline.
    So Far So Good.

Next update will be on first fill up at around 1/2 - 1/4 tank remaining.
  9. omegafiler

omegafiler New Member

Yeah, I've had Hypertech's before. It's better than stock. :)

But if you've used the old Hypertech Powerprogrammer III, it has the same tune as the new one. According to Hypertech it's just different packaging and it's internet updatable.

It just didn't give me as much performance improvement as the Flashpaq and definately not as much as a Custom Tune.
  10. finalday7

Yeah I'm really just looking for a nice increase in fuel economy or I'll return it and strap her down to the dyno to get custom tuning.