Hypertech or Edge??????

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by nickgiacalone, May 30, 2009.

1. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone Rockstar 100 Posts

Im looking for people who have used the Hypertech Max Energy or the Edge Evolution. I am told and have read that the Edge will not change the shift points in a 6-speed. Will the Hypertech? Pros and cons of either one. Some advice would be great. I plan on ordering it this week.

2. masterfoxscout

masterfoxscout Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

For a few clams more, you can get the Hypertech HyperPAC. It sells for $499 now....originally $1099. It has the same features as the MAX, but has live diagnostics AND its touchscreen.

3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

X2 on the Hypertech Hyperpac

You won't find anything on the market with more features for the money than that one, I have it in my truck and I always get a bunch of compliments from my passengers on it. I use it for diagnostic and live monitoring, I also like the drag strip mode when I'm fooling around at the track. Good luck! :shocked:

4. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I suggest forget both and go with a sct hand held from wait4meperformance. That is my input but if I had to decide between the two I would say go with the edge. I gives a ton more power than the hyper. If you want even more power go with a custom tune from wait4me and you will be very happy and wont be disapointed like I was with the superchips.