1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hypertech or Edge??????

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by nickgiacalone, May 30, 2009.

1. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone Rockstar 100 Posts

Im looking for people who have used the Hypertech Max Energy or the Edge Evolution. I am told and have read that the Edge will not change the shift points in a 6-speed. Will the Hypertech? Pros and cons of either one. Some advice would be great. I plan on ordering it this week.
  2. masterfoxscout

masterfoxscout Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

For a few clams more, you can get the Hypertech HyperPAC. It sells for $499 now....originally $1099. It has the same features as the MAX, but has live diagnostics AND its touchscreen.
  3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

X2 on the Hypertech Hyperpac

You won't find anything on the market with more features for the money than that one, I have it in my truck and I always get a bunch of compliments from my passengers on it. I use it for diagnostic and live monitoring, I also like the drag strip mode when I'm fooling around at the track. Good luck! :shocked:
  4. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I suggest forget both and go with a sct hand held from wait4meperformance. That is my input but if I had to decide between the two I would say go with the edge. I gives a ton more power than the hyper. If you want even more power go with a custom tune from wait4me and you will be very happy and wont be disapointed like I was with the superchips.