1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hypertech tunners, anyone have anything good or bad to say?

Discussion in 'Programmers & Tuning' started by Dirty Dog, May 5, 2012.

1. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog New Member Platinum Contributor 100 Posts

:glasses: I May have the Opportunity to work with a beta Hypertech tuner for a truck we are working on(lucky Penny), we have searched for a Programer/tuner for this truck and the only folks that have one in the pipeline is Hypertech. So I am putting out some feelers to you all if you have any experience with this product or the company, Your feed back would be Greatly appreciated....
  2. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

i had one for the 05. seemed to help with throttle reposnse, played with the other settings some. could ajust most anything you wanted to. I had the max energy one, so it had a 87 and a 91 pre packed tunes. I used the 87 as paying for the 91 wasnt my idea of fun.

was easy to use, simple to understand instructions. plug and play thru the obd port. website has the update program, instruction guides and so on.

was fairly happy with it, but i plan on getting a diablo tuner now, and diablew tune for my new truck. the tuner could be used for 99-07 classic silverado and sierras, along with any other gm 4.8, 5.3, 6.0, and 8.1.

incidently, the hypertech i have is for sale if anyone wants it. make an offer.

Alex
  3. Dirty Dog

:glasses: Thanx Sierra,,, the tech I have talk to sounds very knowable, the website looks great, but it always helps to have the people that have used and experienced the products views and opinions .....:great: real life experience is where its at....
  4. JayBee

JayBee New Member

I had this on an 07 new body style, Max Energy. Worked great, easy to use, helped with the gas mileage about 2 mpgs. this was on a lifted trucks with 35in tires. I like Hypertech.
  5. Dirty Dog

:glasses:Thanks JayBee, its good to hear from people that have actually used the product. It makes dissuasion time that much easier, when it comes to spending money...
  6. JayBee

JayBee New Member

I actually have the hypertech on my 2012 now. Don't know what the gas improvements are yet but there is increased power and shift firmness is nice.
  7. Burden33

Burden33 New Member 100 Posts

i had one ever since my lift went in and so far i loved it im driving around town with 35" tires and getting 17.5L/100km
  8. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Can Hypertechs be used to set gearing properly after one regears? I'm curious because not all tuners can...
  9. Burden33

Burden33 New Member 100 Posts

yes they can my good sir
  10. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Thanks for the quick response. That's good to know. :)