1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

hypertech vs. superchips

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Slow1500, Apr 14, 2008.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Slow1500

Slow1500 New Member

Oh ok, I was just going on what I read from Hypertech. It does make sense that it's the same tune just in better packaging. I guess the new version is just more flexible. So far I've only heard good things about it...may have to wait for my tax refund, bonus, or something.. don't have the cash just yet.

Another ?... Can you have more than one vehicle tuned at a given time? The 3rd gen would only let you have one tuned and would not let you tune another vehicle till you returned the last one back to stock settings..
  2. Berubejam

Berubejam New Member

what is a good company that sells a software program that will let you do a custom n/a tune, or at least a tuner that can be modified for further performance by specifying further upgrades. (ex. different tunes for exhaust systems, camshafts, headers, ect)
  3. omegafiler

omegafiler New Member 100 Posts

Yeah, all of the current handhelds are like that. You can only tune one at a time. If you want to tune more, you need to buy another unit, or invest in custom tuning software - in which case you need to learn how to use it first. :)
  4. omegafiler

omegafiler New Member 100 Posts

Do a search for Custom Tune. You'll find there are quite a few options for a custom mail-order tune (they send you a new PCM). Just about all of them will allow free updates if you mod your vehicle later or want a different type of tune.

If you want to do it yourself, HPTuners and EFI Live are popular options. But there is a whole lot to learn before you start tuning away.
  5. Slow1500

Slow1500 New Member

Finally tuned the truck today...pull above 2500rpm is much better now. That's normally where it started making power anyway. So far it's a good tuner...definite difference.

When I first hooked it up it found two engine codes. I looked them up in my Haynes manual and it said it's running lean on banks one and two. I can only assume that's because of my K&N intake and Magnaflow allowing it to flow more air. The engine lilght never came on though. I cleared the codes and proceeded to tune. Runs fine.
  6. finalday7

finalday7 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Congrats, glad you like it. :great: