Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

hypertech

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by vncj96, Jun 7, 2008.

1. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i am really looking at getting a hypertech programmer and am curious as to who else has one, what the vehicle it was used for and real world gains power and MPG, a have a 99 1/2 ton suburban. thanks

2. sierraman

sierraman Rockstar 100 Posts

i have the hypertech and it gave me a little more power, nothing amazing, i would say it is worth it though

3. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I had one on the '96 ext cab I had a few years ago (350R engine). I also added true dual Flow Masters & a K&N filter. I was getting around 18mpg on the hwy, but felt really strong. I would have to recommend It. Good luck!

4. hutch_pt

hutch_pt Rockstar 100 Posts

I am a fan of the hypertech. Got one on my truck. The acceleration was a little better, and the gas mileage was a little better, but my favorite part is the versatility, as I am able to adjust tire sizes, shift points, etc., and read error codes.

I do recommend this mod.

5. Stl_Denali

Stl_Denali New Member

I have a Predator and have been able to tune it for better MPG's-- 2 to 3 gals, and for performance. It really woke up the engine, big time.

THe only thin I cant do, that you can do with the Hypertech, is log your data into a laptop.... which is great. I woulda went with the Hypertech if I knew that from the get go.

6. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I had the Hypertech Programmer III on my first truck which was a 2005 2500HD, and I used it for mostly changing shift points and diagnostic purposes. I felt it was worth the $300. But now I bought a new 2005 1500 lifted chevy, and I recently purchased the Hypertech PowerPac unit. It is windshield visor mounted and will set you back about $700, but it is worth it. I have adjusted the speedometer for my 35" tires, and also changed the gear ratio settings to accomadate my 5.13 gears in the back. The upside to this unit is that you can track and save all of your modification readings, I will give a small example of what it shows.

2005 Chevy Silverado 1500 Vin #.................

Stock settings.................RWH..............1/4 mile time.............1/8 mile time.............torque..........

Stock w/K&N air filter..............RWH..........so on and such forth

Stock w/ K&N air filter, and Granatelli MAF air flow sensor.........RWH.........blah blah blah.

It will keep track of up to 20 after market upgrades, so you can actually map out how much your truck gains after each install. What I do is go to Norwalk Raceway and try it out after each thing I add, it is incredibly accurate within a 1/10 of a second from the official time trial board! It also has a christmas tree built into it so you can actually try out your reaction time right on a back road, although they tell you not to!!!! This is an incredible piece of machinery so my suggestion is if you really like Hypertech, and you have had the Power Programmer III and love it take the step and buy one of these babies! I will be a Hypertech customer for life GUARANTEED!:great:

7. bzboardco

bzboardco Rockstar 100 Posts

It also has a christmas tree built into it so you can actually try out your reaction time right on a back road, although they tell you not to!!!! This is an incredible piece of machinery so my suggestion is if you really like Hypertech, and you have had the Power Programmer III and love it take the step and buy one of these babies! I will be a Hypertech customer for life GUARANTEED!:great:[/quote]

That's neat did not know it did that :glasses: