1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

hypertech

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by amledesma, Jul 26, 2008.

1. amledesma

amledesma New Member

I bought a programmer (used) and having trouble installing it. I contacted the seller and he forgot to reprogram his truck to stock before he traded it in and that may be the problem. Is it possible to reset the programmer or is there a way for the programmer to work for my truck?
  2. raiderman8112

raiderman8112 New Member

the only thing i can think of telling you is to try contacting hypertech and they may reset your programmer for a fee.
  3. 0321

0321 New Member

As far as I know, the programmer acknowledges only one VIN. The individual will have to reset his to stock, to once again free-up the programmer to work on another truck. I'm sure Hypertech will be more than willing to sell you another programmer or reprogram the one you have for the same price that you would pay for a new one. Advice...get your money back!!!
  4. no0b123

no0b123 New Member ROTM Winner

Wow thats cheap of him. The person you bought it from didn't "accidentally" leave the tune on his truck. He did it on purpose because he NO LONGER needs the programmer......ever! Return it if you can, or call up Hypertech's number immediately. That programmer only works on his truck, until he changes his truck back to stock. Then you can use the same programmer.