1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

hypertech

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by zackyv55146, Aug 21, 2009.

1. zackyv55146

zackyv55146 Rockstar 100 Posts

any of u guys have a chip in ur gas truck i was goin to order a hypertech one that mount straight to my ECU but was wondering if they make a difference on gas trucks.
  2. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

go with a custom tune and do it right the first time.
  3. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I dont know what you drive but i was happy with a hypertech programmer, I drive a suburban so unless I get some internals done I am not gonna notice power from a tune was my belief, but I did get a 1-1.5 MPG increase, so for me it was worth it, considering I only got 13MPG combined. Also though my tranny shifts much quicker and smoother and having the added feature of adjusting the tire size whenever I want is nice to. So for 215 shipped from summit racing I have already made my money back on the investment, after three fill-ups
  4. zackyv55146

zackyv55146 Rockstar 100 Posts

well i drive a a 1988 gmc sierra the one thats in my picture and i have done some mods to it like new jasper 350,rv cam,gibson headers,magnaflow exhuat,air aid intake,and ill probbaly run a 50 shot out of my nitrous bottle i have installed, plus im gettin a holley 62 mm throttle body but im happy u could help me out with it
  5. ErikD-WPE

ErikD-WPE New Member

I agree with the custom tune, being obd1 and your mods, you would benefit more from a custom tune.
  6. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

custom tune

x4