hypertech

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by zackyv55146, Aug 21, 2009.

1. zackyv55146

zackyv55146 Rockstar 100 Posts

any of u guys have a chip in ur gas truck i was goin to order a hypertech one that mount straight to my ECU but was wondering if they make a difference on gas trucks.

2. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

go with a custom tune and do it right the first time.

3. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I dont know what you drive but i was happy with a hypertech programmer, I drive a suburban so unless I get some internals done I am not gonna notice power from a tune was my belief, but I did get a 1-1.5 MPG increase, so for me it was worth it, considering I only got 13MPG combined. Also though my tranny shifts much quicker and smoother and having the added feature of adjusting the tire size whenever I want is nice to. So for 215 shipped from summit racing I have already made my money back on the investment, after three fill-ups

4. zackyv55146

zackyv55146 Rockstar 100 Posts

well i drive a a 1988 gmc sierra the one thats in my picture and i have done some mods to it like new jasper 350,rv cam,gibson headers,magnaflow exhuat,air aid intake,and ill probbaly run a 50 shot out of my nitrous bottle i have installed, plus im gettin a holley 62 mm throttle body but im happy u could help me out with it

5. ErikD-WPE

ErikD-WPE New Member

I agree with the custom tune, being obd1 and your mods, you would benefit more from a custom tune.

6. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

custom tune

x4