1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I almost had a HUGEEEEEE accident.

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ShadowRejects, Jan 22, 2012.

1. ShadowRejects

ShadowRejects New Member

Ok guys, i feel like driving late at night alot, so what ill do is ill hop in my silverado and maybe drive around the block. I love driving. I mainly do it because down the street these is a school park with a dirt rut thats on a small incline that people use as a shortcut into an alley way, and ofcourse, cars drive up it alot so its nothing serious, but still fun because its a small 3 second off road sesh. :neutral: lol but anyways, i did that, drove 20 seconds back home, and i prepared to back into the driveway, which ive done atleast 60 times. I like backing in because i love using my new backup camera. So im backing in, i look though the mirror, make sure i wont back into the gas meters or the gas pylon, it looks like im clear, so i back in, next thing you know, **SCREECH*** **METAL ON METAL** . my first words "OH SHI*, OH FU**, i dont immediately get out, im flipping out, so i try to calmly pull forward, more ***SCREECH**** ERRGGG*** so i finally professionally back in, i get out, expecting the worse on my bumper as well as the gas meter... so i run to the back of the truck, look at the bumper, i see nothing? i use my phone as a light, all i see is a tiny scuff on the plastidip, on the very bottom on the bumper, where it scapped it when i backed over it, i run over to the gas meter, where i see nothing on it? only a tiny scuff, my truck was barely high enough off the ground to barely scuff my plasti dipped bumper, if my truck was atleast 1cm lower i wouldve been f***ed. That was about the time i was thanking God for high-off-the-ground (lol) trucks. Well thats the last time i back in without double checking. If i wouldve hit that, it wouldve caused a major fire. So that was the highlight of my day, im still a little shaken:eek:h:
  2. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts

This is what we call a "CHARMIN" moment:neutral:
  3. ShadowRejects

ShadowRejects New Member

4. 747

747 New Member

Nice one coach!!! Im remembering that.

Dude thats a crazy story, Im glad it worked out alright!
  5. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Active Member 1000 Posts

That coulda been el terrible
  6. That would cause anyone to PUCKER!
  7. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Glad you made it through it uninjured!!!!
  8. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts

Did you have to get your ride detailed?