1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

I am wanting to build a wooden box for the back of the bed

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by johnnymac, Sep 28, 2011.

1. johnnymac

johnnymac New Member

I looked around and did not see any posts for this. I have a 2011 Silverado 2500HD. I want to make a box for the back end, accessible from the tailgate. Has any body done or seen this anywhere?

I just want a place to throw in a bag of groceries or dog food or whatever and keep it out of the weather. Chains, jumper cables etc. I will paint it white to match the truck. It is a 4x4 and sits high enough that most people won't see it. Storage in the front of the bed is just difficult at best.

Thanks to all
    :happy:

2. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I would build it to the size you want and then have it covered with LineX, if its going to be exposed to the elements, and even if its not it will look nice. I had my sub box covered in LineX and it has feet on the bottom so the water drains out of the bed

You can then bolt it to the bed from the bottom so it wont move. Its going to be more $$ to have it done in LineX but if you paint it you will eventually have water damage. Either way be sure to seal the screws.

Attached Files:

3. Klutch Mclovin

Klutch Mclovin Rockstar 100 Posts

You could get a tool box that attaches to the side of the truck bed. That way it is easily accessible and can be locked.

4. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

A tonneau cover will also do what you want, and supposedly improves gas mileage. I have a soft cover and keep all kinds of stuff in the bed and have never had anything stolen.