1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I bought a K&N intake

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Runnerboy23, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Runnerboy23

Runnerboy23 New Member 100 Posts

Last night I bought a K&N 63 I can wait to install it !!! anyone have one of these?
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2010
  2. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I had one on my 06... It was alright i think i may have actually lost about .5mpg and that was on a long road trip with the cruise on the whole time... And alot more when i had my foot on it...
  3. SB09

SB09 New Member

I have one on my 2010 and I like it a lot. Take your time on those instructions. They don't tell you which bolts go where.
  4. Runnerboy23

Ohhh god not what I need the reason I got it was for mpg hahah
  5. stephan

stephan New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Don't have a 63 but have used K&N filters for a long time. Don't worry about losing mpg. Mikes the only one who ever got worse mileage with a K&N & that's because he also swapped in a 454 at the same time, but he just forgot :)
  6. Runnerboy23

Ohh that's a good thing I did do alot of reaseach on K&N air intakes before I got mine I have heard of people geting the same mpg as stock but never worst.
  7. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 New Member 100 Posts

I have a 57 series and my father has a 63 both work great and no complaints from either. Makes a fuel injected motor sound carbureted motor.
  8. Bama Z71

Bama Z71 New Member 100 Posts

I was really wanting one of these intakes but if they're getting the same mpg as stock , i may save my money. Congrats on the purchase though , they look GREAT installed!
  9. Runnerboy23

yeah I will have to see for my self about the mpg's