I bought a K&N intake

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Runnerboy23, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Runnerboy23

Runnerboy23 Rockstar 100 Posts

Last night I bought a K&N 63 I can wait to install it !!! anyone have one of these?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2010
  2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I had one on my 06... It was alright i think i may have actually lost about .5mpg and that was on a long road trip with the cruise on the whole time... And alot more when i had my foot on it...

3. SB09

SB09 New Member

I have one on my 2010 and I like it a lot. Take your time on those instructions. They don't tell you which bolts go where.

4. Runnerboy23

Ohhh god not what I need the reason I got it was for mpg hahah

5. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Don't have a 63 but have used K&N filters for a long time. Don't worry about losing mpg. Mikes the only one who ever got worse mileage with a K&N & that's because he also swapped in a 454 at the same time, but he just forgot :)

6. Runnerboy23

Ohh that's a good thing I did do alot of reaseach on K&N air intakes before I got mine I have heard of people geting the same mpg as stock but never worst.

7. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I have a 57 series and my father has a 63 both work great and no complaints from either. Makes a fuel injected motor sound carbureted motor.

8. Bama Z71

Bama Z71 Rockstar 100 Posts

I was really wanting one of these intakes but if they're getting the same mpg as stock , i may save my money. Congrats on the purchase though , they look GREAT installed!

9. Runnerboy23

yeah I will have to see for my self about the mpg's