Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I don't know how but my gauges swapped jobs.

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by LoneWolf'burban, Oct 22, 2010.

1. LoneWolf'burban

LoneWolf'burban Rockstar 100 Posts

My oil pressure gauge is now my fuel gauge. I know this because when I put in gas it goes up. And when it hits 0 my truck dies. My fuel gauge is now my oil pressure gauge. I put oil in and that went up. I'm cornfused.
  2. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Ha ha & you just came over from the Ford camp to mess with us right???

Sorry, I have never heard of this happening. Has it been this way since you have owned it? Have any mechs been working on your guage cluster recently?
  3. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Which truck are you refering to?? IM guessing the burb, and it sounds like you may have gotten a nice little short either in the cluster or wiring harness...
  4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Wow never heard of that happening before.
    If you figure it out ya gotta let us know how it happened.
  5. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

hahaha sorry but that made me laugh! But hey at least you have gauges working! Just not the right way haha. my speedo and tach don't work at all
  6. djturnz

djturnz Member

Maybe you are putting the gas and oil in the wrong holes? Do you pop the hood to put gas in?

Actually, I wouldn't think that your oil pressure would go up when you add oil.

Maybe you put the wires on the wrong gauge when you were putting the cluster back in after running the odometer back with a drill?
  7. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

How would you know to use a drill?? :lol:
  8. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

He learned that ol drill trick from you Nutbush. We also saw you lifting the hood the last time you were fueling up. I personally saw you putting the gas nozzle in your oil filler tube ha ha ha
  9. Dukeschevy

Dukeschevy Rockstar 100 Posts

This is one of the funniest threads Ive seen in a while:lol:, I'm sure somebody has done the whole gas in the oil thing, these days it wouldn't surprise me, hope you found a solution to your gauge problem
  10. djturnz

djturnz Member

A friend of mine called me once and asked what to do if someone accidentally put brake fluid in the power steering pump.
    As for the drill, I know people with certain skills and lack of morals. I don't think it actually works on anything after 1985 anyway. It would probably work on older motorcycles too, but most of them end up exempt anyway.

Disclaimer: Please don't tamper with the odometer on any vehicle, it's really not worth it.