Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

I dropped a $1,000 monitor!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Dr_Zero, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I was working in the shop and I had a really really heavy monitor I was moving and I had to open the door so I set the monitor down on a stool. I know I know but it fit and was ok turned around and the it heard it.

That horrible sound <crash>

I was afraid to look, the monitor had fell face down on the concrete :gasp:

OMG that was it the monintor is toast!

Well I pick it up and to my surprise the bezel is cracked on one corner but the glass was intact!!!! :shocked:

So what the heck right I put in on the bench and hook it up and it fired right up!!! Rock on! The monitor is true flat screen so the glass never hit the floor I guess.

Well I cant sell it damaged like that so I think its going to be the new screen for my home arcade machine :lol:

And for the geeks its a 22 inch Mitsubishi Diamond plus :)

2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Well I am not a tech geek, but we had a Mitsubishi 65" flat screen TV and it lasted 10 years before it finally died. There quality is awesome, that is impressive that it didn't break though especially on a concrete floor! Something like that would definately be a reason to purchase the same thing again, great work at breaking the expensive goods. :fighting0037:

3. 08victoryredZ71

08victoryredZ71 Rockstar

That sucks. Atleast you have a new home TV!

4. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Well, good news to hear you didn't bust the monitor! I am right with you on doing things like that, though! Where you hear it and fear even looking back!

5. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

That's one tough screen!

6. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

on its face and the glass didn't break remarkable

7. JMoney02

JMoney02 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Murphy's Law, right, if a tree falls in the woods does it make a sound? If I put this monitor on the stool, will it, well I guess we know, good thing it still works, Ah but for how long.............Ha..

Jeff

8. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

LOL yeah I had a similar thought but with a few more expletives.

RIGHT!

I was really shocked it didnt even chip it! I thought some bump in the concrete must have at least chipped the glass but not even a scratch on the glass!

Oh I wish it was a LCD screen nah this is one of the older style CRT monitors that weighs about 50+ pounds LOL

I know I know I was thinking nah dont be stupid then Im like it will be ok well we know that went LOL

9. bry2500

bry2500 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

You just came up with Mitsubishi's new slogan. "tougher than Concrete"

You should market to them and make some money off your mishap.

But at least now you do have a reason to invest in a flat screen.