When I bought my 2005 yukon xl the cd player did not work. It just flashed a disc symbol and would not do anything else. I took the head unit apart and discovered that the previous owner had 3 discs jammed in it and attempted to pry them out with something. All the trays that the discs went into were bent. So, I did some research and found the complete mechanism for $138 + $12 shipping and a $50 core. I looked around more and found just the Bare mechanism for $72+$10 shipping. (no circuit board attached). Here is how I fixed it: For some reason my pics all posted in reverse order and I can not figure out how to fix them. I removed the head unit from the truck Then I removed the screw that hold the top cover on the unit. I carefully pried the top open. Then I removed the faceplate by carefully prying the tabs up. There are 2 on each side. The the faceplate pulls straight off. Next, I removed the two screws under the faceplate. Now, you need to remove the 2 screws on the opposite side. The mechanism will now lift out of the unit. Carefully pull the ribbon cable out of the connector. the circuit board needs to be moved from the old mech to the new one. (no those are not my hands, they are my four year olds) there are 3 screws that need removed You will also need to remove the bracket and put it on the new mech Remove the 4 ribbon cables and the one white connector. Slide the board out and reverse the process to reinstall. It took me a total of 20 minutes from start to finish.