1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I have a couple questions for you guys!

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by 1999chevroletsilverado, Sep 30, 2012.

1. I am thinking of getting a 1999 Chevy silverado 2500 off of one of my friends. My first question is how reliable are these vehicles? I've heard good things but just want to make sure. Also, it has a center console that I haven't seen before. It has the 2 captains chairs up front, not a bench seat and the console has a module that tells you your fuel mpg and what not. I've searched YouTube and everything and can't find one that even looks close to that. Is there one? Or no?
  2. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

We need a little more information, they easiest way is if you have a pic of it (even if it is with a cell phone camera).

Also, there are allot of options on 2500's..... Is it gas or diesel? Is it reg cab, extended cab, or crew cab? is it 2 wheel drive or 4 wheel drive?

Also, interior trim packages could be LS, LT, LTZ ,etc
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  3. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Yes, more info is needed but it sounds like the center console may be an after-market mod.
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I agree that the center console stuff doesn't sound stock, at all...
  5. Its gas and the ls model. All leather interior. Extended cab. 4x4. The console can't be after key. The color of it matches perfectly with the interior. I've just never seen one and I can't take a pic of it.

- - - Updated - - -

After market not after key lol
  6. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Many aftermarket parts match perfectly, not all, but many. If most of the folks here have not seen it, then chances are that it is aftermarket/custom