I have a couple questions

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by BuckeyeBandit, Jun 23, 2008.

1. BuckeyeBandit

BuckeyeBandit New Member

Nice site and hope to be a regular since I have a "sub" now. Its a 1997 Suburban 1500 4x4
    What does the "SLT Package" mean?
    Is it safe to pull a trailer weighing 3400lbs in overdrive? The manual says i can, but really not sure.
    I have a clicking type sound in the front end at very slow speeds...any ideas? Its louder in 4x4
    I really never worried about towing before because i had a old school SUB that had a big Bloack and 400 tranny. This small block with OD tranny scares me a little.

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Pulling a 3400# trailer in OD should be no problem, I do recommend trailer brakes if you dont have them.
    Clicking sound from the front sounds like you have a CV going bad, take a look at the CV's soon they can cause damage when they go.

3. BuckeyeBandit

BuckeyeBandit New Member

Thanks for the quick reply.

It also has another problem, the fan switch for heat and a/c only works on high. I was wondering can you get only the fan switch you do you have to buy the cluster of climate controls?

4. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

fan switch problem is most likely a blower resistor issue. The low speeds always go out in them, it's a fairly common porblem. I wanna say a new one is rather cheap and it should be easy. If I remember correctly it should be under the hood right next to the blower.

5. BuckeyeBandit

BuckeyeBandit New Member

thank you very much

6. BuckeyeBandit

BuckeyeBandit New Member

Well i think i might have a crap truck. I went to drive it today and the windows would not go down unless the driver put them down. I checked the switch to lock the windows and it was on normal.
    Once again, any ideas...lol