1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I have a rocking chair in the beast!!!!

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by vncj96, Nov 22, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

So as I was trying to dig my wallet out of my back pocket to pay for my Big Macs, I was leaning against the seat back (like i am sure most do) The seat jolted, I figured it was just the gear in the seatback slipping a spot. but to find out it wasnt, it was the frame of the seat that broke. under neath where the bolt connects to the seat, the frame snapped. I will get some pics up later, but I have never heard of this, has anyone else had to deal with that? I think i will just get it welded?
  2. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Sounds like you need to lay off the Big Macs! :lol: ......sorry I couldn't help myself:happy: seriously though, I don't see why you couldn't weld it, although I've never had a seat break so I wouldn't really know.
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

One of our haulers had the seat frame break a few years ago.
    I took it a part and tacked it back together.
    Thery only use a couple tack welds at the factory to hold them together, I'm surprised more of them dont break.
  4. Dukeschevy

Dukeschevy New Member 100 Posts

Hahaha that was funny:glasses:, I say weld it, couple tacs will do the job
  5. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I knew the Big Mac comments would be coming at me!!